“Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you,
for the glory of God.” - Romans 15:7
Our vision is to build a church where every person counts as we reach our city and our world with the truth of God’s love.
"Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ." -Ephesians 4:12-13
REACH. BUILD. INFLUENCE. City View Church exists to reach our city, build our church community, and influence our world to being devoted followers of Jesus.
Every person counts.
Our Core Values
WORSHIP. Worship is a whole-life experience in which God is honored at both the individual and corporate level. By faith we always acknowledge the very real presence of the living God.
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.” - Romans 12:1
PEOPLE. All people are important to God and to us. We want to help people discover the joy of God’s Salvation, experience what it means to become a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, and for them to realize God has designed them for extraordinary acts of ministry.
“And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us.” -Acts 17:26-27
EVANGELISM. Through our various ministries and services we desire to help people discover who Christ is and what they can do with their lives and in their communities.
"And I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ." -Philemon 6
DISCIPLESHIP. Our worship of God is all about living our life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Assisting people to develop their faith is at the heart of everything we do. Our Ministries, Bible Electives, and Small groups are designed to teach Biblical Truths, values and characteristics that will transform individual lives, marriages, and communities into beautiful reflections of Christ.
"Jesus said to the people who believed in him, 'You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.'" -John 8:31-32
SERVANTHOOD. We believe in equipping people to be devoted to serve so they can experience what Christ has enabled them to do for the church and the world by serving God’s interest in the lives of others. We want people to have a deeper passion to love their neighbors, peers, family, friends and this world.
"Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others.” -Philippians 2:3-4
Our Ministry Standards
At City View Church, we believe that God has called us to be a part of the most important work on planet earth: the local church. We are convinced that He has not only called us, but equipped us to achieve our tasks. That is why our commitment and passionate pursuit will always be to accomplish this by adhering to the following standards of ministry.
1. Bringing honor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is our top priority. The ministry at City View Church is not about us. It is all about Jesus. We are not here to build our own kingdom, but to build the kingdom of God. All that we are and all that we do is done to bring glory, honor and praise to Him.
“For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work.” - I Corinthians 3:11-13
2. We want to be wise stewards over all that God gives us. God has entrusted City View Church with profound gifts, talents and resources. We will use what He provides to reach people, meet our budget, take care of our facilities and develop them for future growth. Our desire is that all that all we do pleases God and grows His Church.
“Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” - Matthew 25:21
3. We strive for excellence in how we minister. God deserves that all we present to Him will be of the highest value. That is why we will strive to do all in a way that shows dedication, passion, energy, and high quality, fitting for Jesus. In everything we attempt, we need to ask the question, Have we given God our very best?
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” - Colossians 3:17, 23-24
4. We want to be effective in what we do. God designed the church to fulfill His purpose on the earth and achieve victory for God’s kingdom. We will value effort but will never be satisfied with being ineffective. That is why we will make sure to align all of our efforts and events to carry out our values successfully.
“Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” – I Corinthians 9:24
5. We will always strive to be genuine in who we are. As God’s people, He has called us to be unique. We will learn from other ministries that are successful, but will not try to be their clones. We will do our best to be the best that God has called us to be.
“We speak as men approved by God to be trusted with the gospel! We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed-God is our witness…. We loved you so much that we delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.” - I Thessalonians 2:4-5, 8