What is I’M IN all about?
Jesus said in John 14:12, “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.”
This was the charge Jesus gave to his disciples before he left the earth. It continues to be passed down to us today. City View Church has been faithful over the years in believing what God said He would do. As a result God has blessed us with a series of strong giving years in missions, church planting, community engagement, and wonderful ministry in our church and to our community.
But the best is yet to come.
City View Church has a God-given opportunity over the next three years to turn our vision into a reality by “Reaching, Building and Influencing People for Jesus,” and taking it to unprecedented heights. The vision is so big that it’s going to take all of us to pull it off. We each have to be willing to say, I’M IN to seeing God do greater works.
I’M IN is an all-out effort to make an even deeper impact than we’ve ever made before. It’s an opportunity to reach more people, build and advance God’s Kingdom, and influence our city, state, nation, and world. I’M IN provides financial resources needed to fulfill the vision God has put on the hearts of the leadership of City View for the next three years.
We are so excited about each and every one of the projects we will be doing and can’t wait to tell you more about them over the next several months. In the meantime, please take some time to pray and ask God about your commitment. Once you have that amount, please fill out the commitment card or respond at the I’M IN page at our website. Above all, continue to pray for the vision and goals of City View, the lives we strive to reach here and around the world, and your partnership in growing the Kingdom of God!
The Bible shows us that Jesus gave all He had to reach the lost, and that there is no greater love than this. He asks us not to hold back in our own sacrifice for the Kingdom.
Therese and I love you and are extremely excited about what God will do as we rise up as a church, come together, and declare as one body, “I’M IN.” We are praying for you and thank God for you being a part of what the Lord is doing here at City View.
Pastor Troy and Therese Singleterry
City View Church “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem…”
- Remodel our worship center, creative arts center, student center, and chapel.
- Update the exteriors of the campus buildings.
- Add to our main building exterior a cross, an elevator, and freeway-visible signage.
- Initiate video livestreaming of services to reach across San Diego and around the world.
- Relocate our nursery so that it is adjacent to our pre-school area.
- Develop a café and bookstore for our church and community.
San Diego Community “…and in all Judea and Samaria…”
- Develop a new compassion-based ministry to reach hurting San Diegans (such as orphans, widows, homeless, or schoolkids) for Jesus Christ
- Open a weekday care facility for infants and pre-school kids.
- Create outreaches to nearby communities such as Civita and Lincoln military housing.
- Plant a church in addition to City View Church and City View Español.
- Start a City View thrift store.
- Assist Vanguard University, our Assemblies of God University in Costa Mesa.
The World “...and to the ends of the earth.” - Acts 1:8
- Partner with Student Reach to expand ministry in Southern California and Mexico.
- Plant churches in Cuba and the United States.
- Be a part of a short term missions trip.
- Build orphanages and hospitals around the world.
- Establish training centers, plant churches, and provide clean water in Africa.
- Give to Assemblies of God missions organizations like Project Hope, Convoy of Hope, Light for the Lost, Live Dead, Speed the Light, and Boys & Girls Missionary Challenge.
My I'm In Commitment
Once you have prayed about your commitment, including any increase to your annual giving, please fill out this section.
(Please note that your annual Faith Promise for missions is not included in this amount.)
It will be sent to Ronda Hall, our business administrator. Your commitment will help us determine our progress and anticipate projects we can activate as funds become available.